Several types of industries are available out there in the entertainment sector. Among all, the radio industry is one of the most popular industries. It offers fame, interesting tasks to do, and a good deal of money to the aspirants. Numerous people like to enter this industry to become a popular Radio Jockey. When talking about the scope in India for RJs, there are various radio channels that are tuned and listened by the listeners in different cities. If you are one of those people who are looking forward to building a meaningful career in this industry, then it is imperative to possess some important skills. When you are not aware of the basic skills, you should go through the following listing.
Let’s take a look….
- Impressive Voice: It is a well-known fact that the listeners praise or like to hear a voice which is pleasant to their ears and unique as well. When you will run a program with the beautiful voice, it will become your identity. If you think your voice is not that good, then bring some change by relying on voice exercises on daily basis and then go for it.
- Excellent Command on Language: This profession is all about speaking which means you may have to speak on various topics for a few hours. So, it is important that you should be perfect with your words and don’t hurt anyone.
- Good Presence of Mind: During a show, RJ often requires speaking something off their script. And due to this, you have to be smart and creative enough to engage your listeners. Sometimes, you have to interview people where you may need to talk about something else. And this is where you will find the need for the presence of mind.
- Stay Updated with GK and Current Affairs: To ace your particular show, you should be very much updated with all the latest happenings out there in the surroundings and general knowledge. With the help of this, you could basically provide your listeners with some information.
- Expressive speaking skills: Being a good radio jockey, you should have the ability to express your emotions which play a crucial role in building the fan following. No matter whether something is about laughing or crying, just express it through your voice.
- Understanding of your responsibility: When you become a radio jockey, this responsibility comes with the power of voice. So, you should use this power wisely. You can utilize the platform to raise the voice in support of many social issues or against wrongful deeds.
- Voice Modulation skills: If you know how to decorate your speaking style, then it can help you to give the right expressions in your words. Moreover, you can also maintain your speaking style and can sound like professional.
If you possess all these skills, then you can start searching for the available vacancies for Radio Jockey Jobs in various radio stations. To find the good and best-suited job at the preferred location, you can rely on one of the leading online job portals i.e, Monster India. So, what are you waiting for? Create your profile and upload an updated resume today!
Kajal Tyagi is a writer and blogger who writes on varied subjects ranging from social, travel, digital and content marketing. She keeps herself updated about the latest job, career, and marketing trends. In her free time, you can find her reading and hanging out with friends.