Gate Valves are widely used for all types of applications and are suitable for both underground and above ground installations. It is very important to choose the right valve to avoid high replacement costs. Usually, the gate valves are designed for fully open or fully closed service. They should not be used as controlling or regulating valves since they are installed in pipelines as isolating valves.
The gate valves are used when there is minimum pressure loss and a free bore is required. A typical gate valve has no obstruction in the flow path, which results in a very low-pressure loss and the design has made it possible to use the pipe-cleaning pig.
Gate Valves can be used for numerous types of applications including the water supply, gas supply, wastewater treatment, and fire protection.
Advantages of Gate Valves
- They have good shut off characteristics.
- They are bidirectional.
- The pressure loss through the valve is minimal.
Disadvantages of Gate Valves
There are some disadvantages of gate valves that should be considered while selecting a gate valve for an application.
- To open or close gate valve, it may require many turns of the hand wheel. Gate Valves are not quick opening or closing valve.
- It require large space envelope for installation, operation and maintenance.
- Depending upon the application, some design of gate valves is susceptible to thermal and pressure binding.
- It is difficult to repairing or machining of valve seats.
Gate Valve Applications
- Gate Valves are used in fluid services such as air, fuel gas, feedwater, steam, and almost any service.
- It is also used in slurry and powder product also such as knife gate valve.
Gate Valve Construction
Gate Valve Manufacturer constructs the valves which connect the actuator to the gate. They are categorized as having a rising or non-rising stem. The rising stems are fixed to the fate and it rises and lowers together as we operate the valve. Gate valves might have pointer threaded onto the upper end to indicate the valve position. Non Rising stems are used underground where vertical space is limited.
Gate Valves might have flanged ends which are drilled according to pipeline dimensional standards. Gate Valves are constructed from ductile iron, stainless steel, alloy steels, and forged steel.
Gate Valve Manufacturer
Gate Valve Manufacturer needs to make gate valves that are long-lasting and extremely versatile. They take care of a few areas such as-
- Raw Material: Gate Valve Manufacturer usually source raw material from the certified suppliers. It is very important to source good quality material.
- Strict Quality Testing: Usually, gate valve manufacturer has a well-defined quality process in place where each and every manufactured gate valve undergoes inspection and field test before being delivered to the client.
- Product with Guarantee: Most of the gate valve manufacturer offers manufacturing defects which guarantee the product.
Use of Gate Valve
Gate Valves can prevent the flow of liquids. They can cut through the liquid, they are also used in the petroleum industry. The flow path is increased on opening the gate valve. This means that flow rate does not change evenly. Most of the flow change occurs with a high fluid velocity and a partial gate is opened to vibrate from the fluid flow. When it opens fully, the gate valve has no obstruction in the flow path and it results in low friction loss.
Energy Dias is world’s first full-stream online program of Oil and Gas Industry. Visit our oil and gas directory portal to search and unite with 3000+ verified oil and gas companies. We also bring you the current oil and gas news through our news portal in small 70 words snippets. Register at our oil and gas job portal to explore 15000+ oil and gas jobs. For any questions feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.